Sunday, September 25, 2011

Six Achieve the Randonneur 5000 Award!

A record six riders have earned the Audax Club Parisien's prestigious Randonneur 5000 award this year:

Catherine Shenk
Dick Wiss
Irene Takahashi
Ray Rupel
Tom Knoblauch
John Lee Ellis

You can also see prior years' awardees, dating back to 2001! Riders have four years to complete 5000km in events, including:
  • a series of 200km, 300km, 400km, and 600km brevets in a single year,
  • a 1000km brevet and a flèche (a team ride spanning 24 hours),
  • Paris-Brest-Paris.
No small feat!


Please join in congratulating these R-5000 Riders!

Catherine Shenk
Dick Wiss

Irene Takahashi
Ray Rupel

Tom Knoblauch
JLE

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the coolest awards their are in my opinion. I remeber when I earned my first. I went out on a club ride and early in the ride as we were all still somewhat grouped together I was telling a friend about having earned this award and another friends reaction; "a fellow awardee & mentor"; to my exuberance was a signal and confirmation that yes indeed this was worth raving about. Bike ya man, ride on!

    ReplyDelete