Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Full Speed Ahead with Seasonal Permanents!

Will deRosset reports that his dirt and winter-road-closure affected permanents are now open for business: "I did get a chance to pre-ride the Manhattan Express course on Sunday. All the gates are open, and the water spigot at the base of Pennock Pass has been turned on. Consequently, both Permanent 200 (Red Dirt Randonnée) and Permanent 465 (Manhattan Express) are open for the season. It is truly wonderful up there this time of year, not too hot, and the routes are far enough west that the heavy afternoon thunderstorms hammering my garden have passed over with a light touch." Contact Will to arrange to ride one of these permanents, as well as advice on the best gearing and tire size. For these and other permanents, including the other season-bound permanent, the Grand Loop Git-Along, consult the Permanents webpage!

-jle

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if this would be a lot of work, but I think it would be great if a list of permanent finishers was added to the brevet results page, maybe once a month? Whenever I'm out riding a permanent, I always wonder about who else does them, what the most popular ones are, what the range of times over certain courses is, etc. Just a thought - go permanents! Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if this would be a lot of work, but I think it would be great if a list of permanent finishers was added to the brevet results page, maybe once a month? Whenever I'm out riding a permanent, I always wonder about who else does them, what the most popular ones are, what the range of times over certain courses is, etc. Just a thought - go permanents! Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course it would be some work ... but maybe a good idea. Actually, I already maintain just that list for my own records. It could be posted, and as you say, would give prospective riders a clue as to who's riding the permanents, and generate interest!

    -jle

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I'd like to add an enthusiastic plug for the Manhattan Express -- I rode it a few weeks ago and it was one of the most incredible rides I've done in anywhere -- beautiful, challenging, a truly epic ride. I encourage anyone looking for something very different from the norm to check it out. I liked it so much, I'm riding the Red Dirt Randonnee this weekend!

    ReplyDelete